Michael O’Kane is an expat American lawyer and the author of:
- Law and Rockets: An American Lawyer in Iraq
- Doing Business in Myanmar
- Iraqi Labor Law and Practice
- Doing Business in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Real Estate Law and Practice
- Saudi Arabia Labor Law Outline
- Cómo defender un proceso penal oral
He was the last lawyer to be admitted to practice in the Panama Canal Zone. After Panama he moved north to Miami where his practice focused on federal cases including the Okechobee 7 case, the initial BCCI prosecution, the Andina coffee litigation and the case against General Manuel Noriega of Panama. In 2001 he moved to Saudi Arabia where he worked on the so-called “British Bombers” terrorism cases and since then has practiced primarily in the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
Michael O'Kane can be reached at: mok (at, or @) mu7ami.com.
His books can be found at Andalus Publishing.
The word mu7ami is the transliteration of the word lawyer in Arabic.